IVF Plano Offers Fertility Evaluation for Dallas Area Families
If you are having trouble getting pregnant, Dr. Douglas and the team at IVF Plano can help you find out why.
Infertility impacts an estimated six million US couples.
At IVF Plano, we can perform a thorough assessment to look for male infertility or female infertility. We may recommend a physical evaluation, hormonal analysis, or genetic testing to locate infertility causes. Then,
Dr. Douglas can formulate a treatment plan to help you and your partner achieve your goal of conceiving a child.
When to seek help getting pregnant and overcoming infertility:
If you are trying to get pregnant, every month that passes leads to more frustration. On average, 50 percent of healthy couples conceive after five months, and 85 percent get pregnant within one year. Factors such as age, sperm count, ovulation, and timing of sex can influence your chances of conceiving.
Most OB-GYNs have studied basic infertility and can start the process of investigating the lower-level conception problems for patients and their partners. But when do you need to seek more advanced treatment?
You may want to consider a fertility evaluation if you:
- Are the female partner and are over age 35
- You don’t have regular menstrual cycles, ovulate regularly, or do not respond to clomiphene citrate (i.e. Clomid)
- You and your partner have tried to conceive for one year without becoming pregnant, or for six month if you are over age 35
- Know that your male partner has had a semen analysis, showing low motility, low count, or poor morphology; or he has experienced frequent urinary infections
- Have needed any pelvic surgery, including having your appendix removed
- Have a history of pelvic disorders or exposure to sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
- Suffered two or more miscarriages
- Were exposed in-utero to DES, a synthetic estrogen millions of pregnant women took from 1938 to 1971
- Want to pursue assisted reproductive technologies (ART) such as in vitro fertilization, IVF
Contact our office to schedule a consultation with Dr. Douglas and get the answers you deserve.